Methodology to help Virgin
Project Trinity: Designing and delivering a killer app for Virgin Media’s Field Service team.
Virgin Media asked Virtusa how it could help its Field Service team find and fix customer’s problems faster and get it right for the first time. In essence, Virgin wanted to give its technicians more time to focus on helping customers, rather than just on resolving technical problems. Over a 12 week period, Virtusa used the Accelerated Service Design (ASD) methodology to help Virgin:
- Investigate how they currently worked and how technology helped (and hindered) their engineers in the field
- Iteratively design and refine working prototypes for Trinity, a new app for test and diagnostics
- Define an optimized test and diagnostic process
- Build a business case to show the value that the app would bring to Virgin's team and customers
- Set out a delivery roadmap that would accelerate value delivered
Following the 12 week ASD initiative, Virgin Media has embarked on a multiphase delivery programme with Virtusa to deliver the tool to the thousands of Field Service Technicians who install technology and fix issues for its customers.
Trinity is helping Virgin Media:
- Reduce the average handling time for finding and fixing faults.
- Reduce the frequency of swapping set top boxes and Superhub modems
- Assure that every fault is fixed first time, driving down repeat truck roles
- Reduce the administrative burden for Field Service Techs enabling them to focus on the customer & deliver a Virgin Media Experience
Driving results by combining Business Consulting, Enterprise Mobility and Telco Industry Expertise.
In order to deliver Project Trinity successfully, Virtusa built a team that combined experts from three of its practices.
- Virtusa's Business Consulting practice worked with the Virgin to understand its strategy, culture, and FSTs as users.
- Virtusa's Enterprise Mobility practice evaluated app architecture options and developed working prototypes
- Virtusa's Telecom practice drew on its experience of test and diagnostic best practice and telco infrastructure to define the over-arching solution.
Virtusa's "refreshing approach to design and delivery"
Speaking about working with Virtusa, Virgin Media spokespeople highlighted its refreshing approach, which looked beyond technology and obsessively focused on designing and delivering an outstanding user experience for Field Service Technicians.